First Impression
Here comes the first impression of gaming, be it cyber gaming, social gaming or just video games that is gaming kills. Not that it literally kills us, but it kills our results. Yes. Academic results.
My Past
During my schooling days, before every start of major exams during my primary and secondary school, I would be barred from my computer games. There was one situation where I could still remember vividly, I tried to play Maplestory and didn't really want to study for my paper. Ended up when my dad did a surprise check on me, I didn't "alt+tab" in time, he got so angry that he smashed up my computer keyboard.
Excessive Gaming
I dare not deny that addictive gaming is bad, after all too much of one thing is naturally bad. Ever hear of human skin turning orange because of excessive drinking of carrot juice? Source: http://www.carrotjuice.com/can-drinking-too-much-carrot-juice-turn-my-skin-orange.html
In order for things to benefit you, one must do things in moderation!
A rundown of what excessive gaming do to you!
- Cause one to lose focus
- Wastage of time
- Addicted to gaming makes one deviate from reality!
A Korean couple killed their baby because of that! Source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific/view/1059591/1/.html
- Aggression & Violence
(Warning: Please lower down your volume if you plan to watch the video of aggression)
So what does excessive gaming brings to you?
I think excessive game bring me to neglect my love one where they want to talk to me regarding something or want me to have meal with them, i will just concentrate on my game. Which is really harmful and causing a bad relationship with your love one.
ReplyDeletei think that gaming have two different view to it. for your first part, i think that gaming is bad because it will affect one future when he or she is young. neglecting their academic result and hook onto online and other type of gaming. i have experience it before and i think it still depend on the individual to make their own decision to get hook onto gaming!
ReplyDeleteI am rather addicted to restaurant city from facebook haha. But I do arrange the "hours" my restaurant is opened to my schedule. So I am not really that addicted. Instead of organising my time around the game, I let the game fit into my schedule.
ReplyDeleteBut I agree that excessive gaming does have its negative effects. I suppose we need to learn discipline and ensure that we don't let the game control us instead.
Everything has it's positive and negative side. For this, I feel that it sides more to the negative side.
ReplyDeleteThe good side is they can get to know more people froim online gaming therefore increasing their social life in virtual world and maybe in reality. However, online gaming causes addiction easily. Once addiction begins, the consequences will be inevitable? Such as lack of sleep and getting stuck in the virtual world. To me, I think that these people should limit themselves or worst come to worst, they should consult a doctor.
I think excessive gaming.. can be really thrilling. Haha. It gets me excited and have something to look forward to all the time. Although at times it might get quite "no life" which also means that I might be falling in too deep, I always think that I will know when to stop. But it certainly is a waste of precious time that could have been used to do more productive things.
ReplyDeleteGaming as part of leisure is acceptable, but I think excessive gaming really does more harm to people, in terms of health and interpersonal relationship etc.
ReplyDeleteIt's difficult to control themselves once they are addicted, and the most effective way to control it will be consulting a counselor.
Where's the resply from Geoffrey?
ReplyDeleteIn conclusion, excessive gaming brings harm to people be it adults or teengers.
ReplyDeleteThrough this post, one have got to take control of him or herself in order to prevent such an addiction from harming you.
Other than consulting a counselor, self-control is pretty much important. If one does not have self-control, then he or she will pretty much fall prey to gaming addiction.
Here, it teaches us the negative things about gaming addiction and ways to control it.